Application Deadline for Fall 2015 is March 15, 2015!
The Transfer Scholars in Information Technology and Engineering (T-SITE) program began in March of 2012. Funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF), this need-based scholarship supports new transfers students with scholarships of up to $6,700 per year based on financial eligibility. Transfer Scholars also receive academic support through a variety of CWIT programs and services. Approximately ten new T-SITE Scholars will be selected for Fall 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 (for a total of 28 transfer Scholars).New T-SITE scholars are only selected once a year (April) to begin in the program in the fall of that year.
The T-SITE application deadline for new transfer students entering UMBC in the fall 2015 is March 15, 2015. Note that this is the admissions priority deadline for transfer applications. Current transfer students who entered UMBC from Maryland community colleges in Spring 2015 are also eligible to apply for T-SITE for the fall 2015.
Interviews for a selected group of applicants will take place on April 10, 2015 at UMBC. All T-SITE Scholarship recipients must attend orientation in early June and the new Scholar Retreat during the summer 2015 at UMBC. Specific dates for orientation and the retreat will be posted in the near future.
Questions or more information? Contact Dr. Susan Martin, , (410) 455-3109.
Steps to Apply by the March 15, 2015 deadline:
1. Complete an admissions application to UMBC by March 15, 2015, including submission of your official transcripts.
2. Complete the FAFSA by March 15, 2015 and include UMBC on the form (UMBC ID # 002105).
3. Complete the T-SITE Scholar application by March 15, 2015 which is available on line or on in PDF form. Send letter of recommendation and unofficial transcript by March 15, 2015.
Who is eligible?
- New transfer students from Maryland community colleges with a 3.0 GPA, entering UMBC in Fall 2015
- Current transfer students from Maryland community colleges who entered UMBC in Spring 2015 and who have a 3.0 GPA
- Majoring in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, chemical or mechanical engineering
- a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must have financial need as determined by FAFSA
- Must be full-time student at UMBC
- Multi-year scholarships will be awarded in Fall 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015
- Scholarships of up to $6,700 per year based on UMBC Financial Aid Office review
- Transfer Scholars must maintain a 3.0 GPA at UMBC.
- Required participation in CWIT community events focused on academic, professional, and leadership development.
- Women and underrepresented minorities strongly encouraged to apply.
T-SITE Scholar Experience:
T-SITE Scholars are part of the larger CWIT community of Scholars and Affiliates. Academic success and professional development are achieved through a number of program elements. Members of the CWIT community are encouraged to live on the CWIT Living Learning Community in the residence halls.
All T-SITE Scholars:
- Are assigned a faculty and peer mentor in their major;
- Explore career options, develop lifelong career management skills, and identify internships, and post-graduation jobs through professional development events and an assigned Industry mentor;
- Participate in a seminar specifically designed for transfer students;
- Meet regularly with a CWIT professional advisor to set goals and track individual progress;
- Develop leadership skills through involvement in student organizations and K-12 outreach.
Meet Current T-SITE Scholars: